Although I had to wake up at 5:30 got dressed in nice clothes, waited in a parking lot very cold for about 10 min and then drove about 1/2 an hour to get to this place it was all worth it. Any guesses Where I got to go?? I got to go Here.
I got to go to the temple! Are YW & YM (Young women & Young men) went to the temple to do Temple baptisms. Some things that made it even more special were : We had a couple who were new converts who got to go to the first time with us, A lady in our ward put in a BUNCH of names and we got to do them, We saw a man who was getting baptized for his Brother, When we were baptized we each got to do 15 names, And we saw a man who was Spanish and got baptized in Spanish! There is also something that people say that when you are in the baptismal font to look up at the chandelier. Well I have forgot to do so both times and this time is was so happy I remember! It was pretty!
If you have ever got to go do temple baptisms before you know it is really neat. A few years ago our stake president asked all the primary children to write him a letter explaining and telling him why they loved the temple. I wrote a letter and then shared two poems I had wrote. I would like to share them with you too!

I want to go to the temple
By Marianne Hartzell
The temple is a place of god.
Of beauty and power that is so strong.
My heart is full with songs of joy,
I want to go to the temple some day.
And when I go that glorious day,
I'm not sure what I'll say.
My heart will be filled with strength and beauty,
And I will no longer need to worry.
I want to go to the temple some day,
And see it's beautiful glory.
In the temple I can be married and sealed to my family.
I will go to the temple some day,
And when I do I will feel it's power and glory shine upon me.
I want to go to the temple right now,
But... I guess I'll have to wait a while.
And on that day when I am there,
I will look in your eyes and say,
I told you that you would come some day.
I kept that promise sure and safe.
Here is my other poem too.
The Book of Mormon
By Marianne Hartzell
The book of Mormon is very true.
It's clear as water that is blue.
The book of Mormon is like a kite,
It soars high with strength and might.
The book of Mormon I KNOW is true.
And heavenly father knows that too.
So is you read it day and night,
you will be happy all your life.
Heavenly father loves me & you,
And he wants us to believe it and understand it too.
Id we read it we will know,
All the things we need to follow!
I hope you all had a great Saturday!
4 comments:
That is very impressive Marianne. You are a wonderful Young Woman.
Thanks for sharing about going to the temple. Emma is excited to be able to go in a few more months. I loved the part of your poem that says "I kept that promise sure and safe."
Marianne, I just discovered your blog. I must b slow on the uptake. Loved your poems an thoughts on the Temple and the B of M. But my favorite was your cupcake pics. Love Ya!
Marianne just saw your sweet blog. I loved the poems and loved your post about the Temple.
Post a Comment