Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter tomb

This year for the first time we tried making a salt dough tomb representing the tomb where Christ was laid and then rose again. We got the idea from some friends and you can see theirs from last year here then the one they made this year here.

From the top ours looked like this. It was fun to find Moss, Flowers, rocks and other plants to go in the garden. We found a lot of it in our cousin's back yard!


Then we placed a piece of dough (representing Jesus's body) wrapped with something white around it (we used paper towel), then we put it in the tomb and rolled the stone in place.

I don't have a picture but then on Easter morning we found the stone rolled away and the wrappings left. He is risen!

3 comments:

Larkin said...

Wow! That turned out beautiful! I love all the little flowers you have next to it. Amazing!

Shonda said...

It turned out just beautifully, Marianne! I'm glad you did it!

Melanie said...

You took such lovely pictures Marianne! It was a fun project to work on together.