This morning as we were reading the scriptures together I was thinking a lot about my word for this year, 2011. We were reading in Alma and all these words from the verses we had been reading kept popping up in my mind for my word. I was excited!
Then we read a verse that stood out to me SO clearly and SO strong and I knew at once what my word should be. Let me share that verse with you. It is now one of my favorite scripture verses and I hope that when you read it it will be one of your new favorites too!
Alma 26:35 - "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."
I just connect with that verse so well. Why shouldn't we rejoice?
So if you guessed right... my word for 2011 is......
Rejoice
For me personally this is something that I need to do in my life every day. To simply rejoice! There are SO many things to rejoice about. And today even though I have been upset and annoyed
at times I have been doing my best to rejoice. And guess what? I'm already noticing a difference. I read my scriptures, got my school work done quicker than normal, I was just Happier. All because I know I have reason to rejoice.
There are so many things to rejoice about! I rejoice in the knowledge of the Gospel and that I have a savior who loves me. I rejoice that I know I'm a daughter of God. I rejoice in knowing that I always have another beautiful day ahead of me to try to do better and work things out. I rejoice that I have a wonderful family and friends. I rejoice in my talents and the things I love to do.
And right now I rejoice because I know that my beautiful Grandma Anne who everyday I miss so much, think about her and wonder what she is doing, is on the other side doing wonderful service to others AND I rejoice that I will will be able to see her again, hug her again, laugh with her again, talk to her again, and live with her, my family and my savior again. Someday that wonderful time will come. That is something I think we should all truly rejoice about, to know that we can live with our families again someday.
So today my chalange for you is this, to try and rejoice in the wonderful simple things. Try it! Yes, there are many challanges, hard times, dissipointments and sorrow in the world. BUT There is so much to smile about laugh about, be gratful for, love, look back and remember and rejocie about!Then we read a verse that stood out to me SO clearly and SO strong and I knew at once what my word should be. Let me share that verse with you. It is now one of my favorite scripture verses and I hope that when you read it it will be one of your new favorites too!
Alma 26:35 - "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."
I just connect with that verse so well. Why shouldn't we rejoice?
So if you guessed right... my word for 2011 is......
Rejoice
For me personally this is something that I need to do in my life every day. To simply rejoice! There are SO many things to rejoice about. And today even though I have been upset and annoyed
at times I have been doing my best to rejoice. And guess what? I'm already noticing a difference. I read my scriptures, got my school work done quicker than normal, I was just Happier. All because I know I have reason to rejoice.
There are so many things to rejoice about! I rejoice in the knowledge of the Gospel and that I have a savior who loves me. I rejoice that I know I'm a daughter of God. I rejoice in knowing that I always have another beautiful day ahead of me to try to do better and work things out. I rejoice that I have a wonderful family and friends. I rejoice in my talents and the things I love to do.
And right now I rejoice because I know that my beautiful Grandma Anne who everyday I miss so much, think about her and wonder what she is doing, is on the other side doing wonderful service to others AND I rejoice that I will will be able to see her again, hug her again, laugh with her again, talk to her again, and live with her, my family and my savior again. Someday that wonderful time will come. That is something I think we should all truly rejoice about, to know that we can live with our families again someday.
So insted of being like this today or tomorrow....
Try insted to be like this. And Rejoice.
5 comments:
Rejoicing is good! My word this year is Seek! I really want to seek after the good in life this year.
Marianne, your post made me cry, it was so beautiful! Thak you!
I have been thinking about a word and will blog about it when it comes to me. :)
That is a really good Scripture. I like the word Rejoice too.
I LOVE you! This is a truly beautiful post! My Soul Delighteth in it. (See 2 Nephi 25) I had never thought of having a word for a year... good idea. :)
Marianne,
I gave the closing prayer in scrament meeting last week and at the end of it I said, Please help us to rejoice! I didn't plan on saying it, it just came out. Looking back at your blog, I think that little seed was planted when I read this post. :)
Post a Comment