Friday, August 7, 2009

Poems and Pictures

Today for part of my school I listened to poetry and then had to write some. I started writing about clouds, the sky and rain. I picked pictures that I had took and put my poems and pictures together.

A collection of writing and pictures.

By Marianne



Recently my cousin Cammi said to me "Look Marianne! Look at the snow in the sky!" A simply beautiful description of clouds in the mind of a five year old.

Clouds on a summer day
By Marianne
It's a summer afternoon and the sun is shining on me. I'm laying on fresh green grass and I'm looking at the sky. White clouds are in the sky always changing into something new. I lay on my back watching the sky for hours at a time. Like nothing exist around me. Questions pop into my head and the clouds find a way to answer. The sun goes down, it's already dark. No more clouds in the sky. But now I smile. Even though it's dark there's a new kind of clouds in the sky. Bright shining stars fill the sky above me.



But never leaving me alone. The artist who painted them is amazing! He also painted the sky and the sunset. I love the clouds. I love the sky. I love the sunset. And I love the artist who painted these things.


The clouds
By Marianne

The clouds turn different. No longer just white. A tint of purple, gray and black join in. I run outside to watch the sky. Oh what a brilliant sight! Suddenly the sky is filled with rain. Sweet rain falls on my face. I laugh. Rain. What a wonderful thing.


The girl waiting for rain
By Marianne

I'm sitting out side waiting for something. I'm wearing boots and am holding an umbrella. I look up at the sky. It's clearer than ever. I sigh and bite my lip. A drop falls down my cheek. And then I start to cry. BOOM! and CRACK! Is what I hear. My heart pounds. Could it be true? The sky turns dark and gray. A sweet smell fills the earth, I breath it in. Water drops fall on me. I stand up and smile and then start dancing. Dancing in the rain.

This picture always reminds me and makes me think of when the Savior will come and what it will be like.



I hope you will spend sometime today outside. Looking at the sky or clouds. Thinking about the creator of this world or just being grateful for all we have.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

These are beautiful Marianne! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Larkin said...

Such Beautiful poems and pictures! I love them!