Friday, May 27, 2011

A house of many shapes & Sizes

A long time ago (well, back in April) we took a trip for a week to Arizona, were my Dad had a business trip. We were pretty close to one of the houses Frank Loyd Wright built for himself! Frank Loyd Wright was an amazing architect. The house was amazing. And learning about the history was really cool. It would have been awesome to live there. In fact they have a small school (for people studying architecture) & people still do live there! You can read more about his house in Arizona, HERE.

So Today I'm gonna take you for a little tour around that house! (Although there were only some places I was allowed to take pictures). At the front of the house there were these cool figures. They told us he had bought them in China but a lot of them were broken. So he took them home and had his assistants glue them back together! Apparently they used the wrong kind of glue... so every year when it rained.... oops it would fall apart! :)

He built his house in all diffrent shapes. Here is his triangle pool!
From different places where you stood the shape of the pool looked different.
See? I thought that was awesome.
The Living room
Okay, my favorite idea ever!!

Just look at this picture for a minute. I told you it was cool!
The chairs were awesome! They even had mini replicas in the gift shop... For like $ 75 so we passed... but still I loved the chairs.

I want some of these in my future home. Anyone else? More pictures of the living room for you all.
Outside


I Spy a bell...do you?
This was one of my favorite things in the backyard. The door through the wall! And it's a circle too!


He had tons of statues made for him that he put in his backyard. Here are some of them.
Look at this great way to save space. And who would have thought of that?? Not me!
I know this is a super blurry/bad picture. But I had to show you this awesome room! That was their Saturday night party room. They loved to entertain! Yes those benches are slanted. They are slanted because Frank Loyd always got a crick in his neck from looking straight while he sat watching things during the party. He designed these benches so anyone sitting anywhere could keep his head straight without getting a crick in their neck!
Everything was SO beautiful!
Well that's the end of my tour. Now you all want a house like his! :)

Here is a picture of Holly, Josh, my mom, Susan, Evan & Dave in front of part of his house.

So if you ever find yourself in Arizona I would recommend you take a stop at this house!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I won't a house like that!!!