Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grateful for today

I love Sundays. Everything about them. Relaxing, & getting to go to church and filling up my day with the best possible things I get t to learn. The gospel. Today I am just grateful. I had a great Sunday and I just want to share with you some of the things I am grateful and about.

1. To start us off I am so grateful we had a BEAUTIFUL day today! Yeah! It was warm - but not hot. I love those days! They are soooo nice. :-)

2. I am so grateful for all my wonderful leaders and teachers! I have a great Sunday school teacher and Awesome YW teachers & leaders! Thanks especially to my Beehive leaders Sis Mendanhall & Sis Ashcraft! Sis Mendanhall gives such great lessons (Thanks!) & Sis Ashcraft helps a lot with mutual and keeping the Beehive pres organized! (Thank you!)

3. In our ward we have the BEST YW! They are all such good friends, are so nice, fun to be with, stand up for their beliefs and you feel so loved by them! We are all friends and I am so grateful for them!

4. I am gratful for a great ward choir. For our chorister and our pianist who prepare and our ready to help sing praises. I'm thankful for their time and effort. Our choir is small and were working towrds gaining some more people so if you'd like to join us go ahead. :-)

5. And Last I am SO very grateful for this one person who I would be nothing without. My Savior, lord, Jehovah,The lamb of god, My Brother Jesus Christ.
(An original painting in the conference center)
I also want to share this scripture I found last night that was marked in my scriptures as a was preparing for a spiritual thought for me Beehive Pres Meeting this morning. I am too very grateful for this scripture.

Abraham Chapter 3
Verse 22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;

Ok think about that- We in the latter days are the Noble and great ones god saw before the
world was created! We need to live up to that and be called as the "great and noble ones".

Verse 23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham (I like to personalize the scriptures so I put my name Marianne in insted of Abraham. You can do that too.) , thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.

Again WE are the ones who god saw, who were good and said "These I will make my rulers". And he tells Abraham he is one of them.

I hope you have learned at least one thing from my post and Is there anything you are especially grateful for today?

2 comments:

Larkin said...

I love your post! I have great YW leaders to. Those are great scriptures, and I like the idea of personalizing your scriptures that way. I also love that picture of the picture! I don't remember seeing it at the conference center (although, we went couple of years ago.) Did they tell you if it was newer one?
As always, I love your blog, Larkin

Laura said...

Marianne, you are fabulous! I love this post! You are so positive and I admire your outlook on life. I missed you today. I hope Evan is doing better real soon. We're praying for you all!! Hugs!