Last week Evan started out as sick just a bad cough and fever. He was a lot better on Wednesday night and we thought he was fine. On thursday he got back from his piano lesson and was not feeling good. So I'll start my week on Friday.
Friday- Not to much going on for me. I wrote in my journal lots. Evan still isn't doing good. His vision is bad and is seeing doubles of things. Has a fever, his neck and legs hurt. Finally he is doing so bad my parents take him in to urgent care. The find out he has an ear infection and guess what elts? He has Walking Pneumonia! Uh oh. Not good. Later that night late Evan says his stomach hurts. My dad is up with Evan all night while Evan gets sick.
Saturday- This morning Evan was not doing good. He was having a very hard time breathing and his eyes looked funny. My parents take him to the Children's hospital in San Diego. They had to wait 4 hours to see a doctor. (Evan luckily stayed in the car with my mom while they waited I think) I am home alone most of the day. Dad calls every once in a while to give me an update. He tells me about all the tests they have to do. Within the first 1/2 hour they had done tons of tests on him. They did a cat scan on his head and a VERY painful test were they stick something up your nose and scrape to make sure you don't have the flu.
Sis Davies calls too to find out all the news. I spend most of my time cleaning, on the computer, answering the phone, watching Tv (Did any of you happen to watch the Kentucky derby horse race? ha ha. Yep I watched it. Wow, yeah I didn't even get to the part were they even race and I was board and turned it off. But they did have some neat hats I must say.) Dad calls to tell me the news of what they found. He has Spinal Meningitis. Ouch. Well that explains why his spine hurt. Me and Ryan went to my cousin Dallin's Baptism. Went over to their house after dinner. Dad comes home for the night while Mom stays with him. Aaron comes home from Youth conference.
Sunday - Dad goes back to the hospital. I pack some stuff for Evan to do. (Thought he is not up to it.) Aaron stays home from church he is tired and has a sore throat. I stay home too. My back hurts, I should take it easy since I don't want to get sick and people at church would start freaking out since they know my little bro has meningitis and think I might have it too. Mom comes home from the hospital while dad watches him. She sleeps and takes a shower. Evan eats some lunch at the hospital. That is good! Our ward family is so great. Sis Hulse arranges dinner to be brought for us till Tuesday or Wednesday. Later mom leaves to go back to the hospital. Two people brought us dinner tonight! Wow! They were both yummy. Dad is back home and mom will stay the night with him tonight. I emailed my old art teacher and good friend Kara and let her know about Evan. She emailed me back. I would like to share part of the email she wrote to me. Last year I gave her a book of mormon and marked some scriptures for her to read. (She is not LDS)I kind of forgot about it and never knew if she read it. Here's part of the email.
Kara : Thanks for letting me know and it is so weird I have been thinking about you all weekend, John (gaughan) asked me if I ever read the Mormon Bible you gave me (I told him that story a long time ago) and I said that I have read the scriptures that you wanted me to read that reminded you of me many time over the years.
That was SO exiting for me to find out that she had read the verses I had marked for her!
(Still Sunday) Evan is not comfortable hooked to all the stuff. When something comes unplugged it starts beeping and it upsets Evan. He started crying today and told my mom he just wanted to go home. He is not being very responsive to the doctors & nurses. He will respond to my Mom & dad but is kind of in his own little world. When my dad gets back we go for a walk.
Monday- Slept in and missed my art class. It felt good to sleep. :-)
Dad left for a lunch for work. LOTS of people call through out the day. Two people tell me they have him or are putting his on prayer lists at the temple. Everyone is so nice I talk too. At 11:30 I go down to my cousins house for my math class at 12:00. Get home from math. Dad gets home from his lunch to pick up Ryan to go give Evan a blessing. Evan is doing better. He is more of his normal self and not in his "Own little world" anymore. Mom comes home and sleeps and showers. We receive a wonderful dinner tonight. I write this post and chat online with my friend Natalie
Ok... so to summarize for you
1. Evan is in the hospital with Spinal Meningitis and Pneumonia
2. Evan is doing a little better but it not fully recoverd yet.
3. Evan had an MRI tonight and he did ok on it. His vision is really weird so they had to do an MRI.
4. He will hopefully be home by Wendsay. We pray for a quick recovery.
Thank you if you have prayed, fasted, brought us food, or had Evan in your thoughts.
I will keep you updated. It would be appreciated if you could Fast, Pray and please keep Evan in your thoughts. If you have any questions you can comment.
(Evan November 2008)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness you didn't go into that much detail when you told me. Is he feeling better now? I hope he will be able to come home soon.
Thank you for posting about this, Marianne! Tell your mom we are praying for your brother and all of you!
Hi Marianne.
That is so scary, but you sound so calm in this post! Like my mom said, thank you for posting this. Before I finished reading it I started to pray for him and your family. I hope he gets all the way better soon, and I hope you don't get sick to!
~Larkin
Good job Marianne. Your run down was awesome. I think you covered everything. LV YA!
Post a Comment